Is your felt roofing starting to let you down?
Maybe it’s a flat or pitched roof that’s leaking, or looks like it won’t protect your home for very much longer.
Are you at the point where you need to at least consider repairing or replacing it?
It may not take more than one or two more heavy rainfalls to cause damage and damp inside your home. Felt roofing blisters causing cracks.
Another repair or replacement with felt roofing might be a MISTAKE because:
- Felt roofing is affected by UV rays, and it expands and contracts. This again over time causes weak points where water could enter.
- Laps and joints around the roof edges are difficult to fully secure with felt roofing. This could allow lifting and damaging by the wind, and could leave weak points where the rain can get in.
- If you’ve ever handled roofing felt you’ll know that it’s a relatively delicate material that could easily be damaged and breached, even during installation. This makes any cleaning and maintenance an extra difficult job too.
- You may need to carry out yet another repair or replacement of the same roof in just a few years time.
Single ply roofing is THE RIGHT CHOICE because:
- It is vapour permeable so it will not blister, and it does not expand or contract with weather conditions. This means that cracks and weak spots don’t have a chance to form.
- It is a very strong, stable waterproof material that is highly resistant to UV rays, and typical British weather conditions. Once again, this means that the integrity of the roof surface is preserved.
- It has been widely used over many years for commercial roofing because office blocks and warehouses need maintenance free roofs that will last a very long time. Just think of how well this material could work for your home roof!
- All laps and joints are permanently welded, the roofing membrane is secured to the roof structure, the storm resistant roof edges are fusion welded, and mechanically fixed, and the wall joint won’t crack or fall out like mortar, lead or sealant. This means that the roof can be totally secured against wind and weather, and the traditional weak points of the roof can be just as strong and secure as any other area of it.
- At the end of its long life – typically in excess of 30 years – the material is recyclable, so single ply roofing is the right choice for our environment as well as your home.
For a FREE ONLINE QUOTE, CLICK HERE,
Or for a no obligation enquiry, call FREEPHONE 0800 298 6960 today.